The NewGait is like any other fitness equipment. It can cause injury if used improperly. If injury occurs while in use, stop immediately and consult your physician. Follow these steps to ensure safe use.
Washing by hand is the best way to clean the NewGait. Cold water and gentle detergent will maintain the life of the material the longest. To hand wash, dip the component into soapy cold water, then rinse in clean water. Make sure all Velcro straps are fastened with no Velcro exposed because the coarse part of the Velcro can degrade the nylon webbing. Hang to dry in the shade, or, to expedite the process, pat the components dry with a towel while applying pressure to transfer moisture.
Follow the steps below to disinfect the NewGait and all of its components in between uses.
1. Spray the nylon webbing and neoprene components with 3%-6% pre-diluted standard hydrogen peroxide.
3. Hydrogen peroxide breaks down to water, so it will not ruin clothing.
5. Purchase approved disinfecting products rather than diluting other products to avoid issues with chemical breakdown and storing of chemicals.
2. Allow the components to air dry before the next patient uses it
4. Wash the components more thoroughly on a weekly basis.
San Diego, CA